Follow below instructions for the use of your bleaching trays. Should you have any questions concerning your teeth whitening experience, please do not hesitate to call our office.
1. Brush and floss your teeth thoroughly before wearing your bleaching trays. Whitening gel (tooth bleach) should be placed in your bleaching trays using a small dot or a thin ribbon in each tooth area, excluding molars.
2. Wear your whitening trays with whitening gel once a day for 30-60 minutes at least 3 days or 3 nights in a row. Do not eat or drink when wearing the trays.
3. Should any whitening gel squeeze out of tray onto your gums, wipe off as it may irritate your gums. Should a large amount squeeze out of your tray make sure to use less next time.
4. By the third day of whitening, your teeth might be slightly sensitive. Taking Advil (ibuprofen) should help your discomfort.
5. It is normal to experience stripping or streaking on your teeth. The color should even out a few days after you stop bleaching.
6. Avoid smoking, coffee, red wines, and other staining foods and drinks while whitening and for the 3 days after. Failing to do so could result in unfavorable results.
7. After using your bleaching trays, rinse them thoroughly with water and allow them to dry before placing them in your case.